I use RSS Bandit as my RSS aggregator, it comes with a host of nice options, one of which allow you to validate a specific RSS feed to confirm it is well formed. This morning I decided to check to see that my feed, which is being generated from .Text is properly formed. It wasn't. When I went to Feed Validator, it came back with an error stating the <managingEditor> element needed to include an email address. I quickly pulled up the .Text source code to see what was going on. I was able to find in the BaseRssWriter.cs file, Scott was formatting the <managingEditor> section with only the name of the editor. After changing the BuildChannel call to pass the email address instead of the name, my feed is now valid.